- Y. Fang, Y. W. Jiang, et al. Self-assembly of three-dimensional arrays of atomic gold catalyst for self-labelled study of complex crystal growth. Submitted
- J. Yi, Y. C. Wang, et al. 3D calcite heterostructures for dynamic and deformable mineralized matrices. Nature Communications, in revision.
- H. A. Ledesma, B. Tian. Nanoscale silicon for subcellular biointerfaces. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7TB00151G. (invited review as one of the Emerging investigators in Materials Chemistry)
- M. Y. Rotenberg, B. Tian. (News and Views) Bioelectronic devices: Long-lived recordings. Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2017, 1, 0048.
- J. F. Zimmerman, R. Parameswaran, G. Murray, Y. Wang, M. Burke, B. Tian. Cellular uptake and dynamics of unlabeled freestanding silicon nanowires. Science Advances, 2016, 2:e1601039. PDF
- Y. W. Jiang*, J. Carvalho-de-Souza*, R. Wong*, Z. Q. Luo, D. Isheim, X. B. Zuo, A. W. Nicholls, I. W. Jung, J. P. Yue, D.-J. Liu, Y. C. Wang, V. De Andrade, X. H. Xiao, L. Navrazhnykh, D. E. Weiss, X. Y. Wu, D. N. Seidman, F. Bezanilla, and B. Z. Tian. Heterogeneous silicon mesostructures for lipid-supported bioelectric interfaces. Nature Materials, 2016, 15, 1023-1030.PDF
- D. Richads, Y. Tan, R. Coyle, Y. Li, R. Y. Xu, N. Yeung, A. Parker, D. R. Menick, B. Z. Tian, and Y. Mei. Nanowires and electrical stimulation synergistically improve functions of hiPSC cardiac spherioids. Nano Letters, DOI:10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b02093. PDF
- J. F. Zimmerman, G. F. Murray, and B. Z. Tian. Optical Determination of Silicon Nanowire Diameters for Intracellular Applications. J. Phys. Chem. C, Article ASAP. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b10076. PDF
- J. F. Zimmerman and B. Z. Tian. Injectable electronics as a modern day 'ship in a bottle'. NPG Asia Materials, invited commentary article, NPG Asia Materials, 2015, 7, e214; doi:10.1038/am.2015.104. Link
- J. F. Zimmerman, G. F. Murray, Y. C. Wang, J. M. Jumper, J. R. Austin, II, and B. Z. Tian. Free-standing kinked silicon nanowires for probing inter- and intracellular force dynamics. Nano Lett., 2015, 15 (8), pp 5492?5498. PDF
- Z. Q. Luo*, Y. W. Jiang*, B. D. Myers, D. Isheim, J. S. Wu, J. F. Zimmerman, Z. A. Wang, Q. Q. Li, Y. C. Wang, X. Q. Chen, V. P. Dravid, D. N. Seidman and B. Z. Tian, Atomic gold-enabled three-dimensional lithography for silicon mesostructures. Science, 2015, 348, 1451-1455. PDF
- J. Zimmerman, B. Tian, Chapter 4 Nanowire Biosensors. In Semiconductor Nanowires: From Next-Generation Electronics to Sustainable Energy; The Royal Society of Chemistry, 2015; pp. 167?199.
- Y. Tan, D. Richads, R. Y. Xu, S. Stewart-Clark, S. K. Mani, T. K. Borg, D. R. Menick, B. Z. Tian, and Y. Mei. Silicon nanowire-induced maturation of cardiomyocytes derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 2765-2772. PDF
- J. Zimmerman, R. Parameswaran and B. Z. Tian, Nanoscale Semiconductor Devices as New Biomaterials. Biomaterials Science, 2014, 2, 619-626. (invited review as one of the Emerging investigators in Biomaterials) (Inside cover highlight) PDF
- B. Z. Tian and C. M. Lieber, Synthetic nanoelectronic probes for biological cells and tissue. Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, 2013, 6, 31-51. (invited review) PDF
- B. Z. Tian, "Nanowire Field Effect Transistors for Electrical Interfacing with Cells and Tissue", in "One-Dimensional Nanostructures, Principles and Applications" (eds. T. Y. Zhai and Y. N. Yao), John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013.
- B. Z. Tian*, J. Liu*, T. Dvir*, L. H. Jin, J. H. Tsui, Q. Qing, Z. G. Suo, R. Langer, D. S. Kohane and C. M. Lieber, Macroporous nanowire nanoelectronic scaffolds for synthetic tissues, Nature Mater., 2012, 11, 986-994. (This work represents the first example of minimally invasive integration of semiconductor electronics with engineered tissues in 3D. It is potentially a new platform for drug screening, prosthetics and biological cybernetics. It is one of the Annual Highlights in 2012 by C&EN.) PDF
- R. Gao, S. Strehle, B. Z. Tian, T. Cohen-Karni, P. Xie, X. J. Duan, Q. Qing and C. M. Lieber, Outside looking in: Nanotube transistor intracellular sensors, Nano Lett., 2012, 12, 3329-3333.
- X. J. Duan, R. X. Gao, P. Xie, T. Cohen-Karni, Q. Qing, H. S. Choe, B. Z. Tian, X. C. Jiang and C. M. Lieber, Intracellular recordings of action potentials by an extracellular nanoscale field-effect transistor. Nature Nanotech., 2012, 7, 174-179.
- B. Z. Tian and C. M. Lieber, Design, synthesis, and characterization of novel nanowire structures for photovoltaics and intracellular probes, Pure Appl. Chem., 2011, 83, 2153-2169. (invited review)
- C. Weldon, B. Z. Tian, D. S. Kohane, Nanotechnology for surgeons, WIREs Nanomed Nanobiotechnol, 2011, 3, 223-228. (invited review)
- T. Cohen-Karni, B. Z. Tian and C.M. Lieber, ?Electrical recording from cardiac cells and tissue using nanowire transistors?, in "Nanomedicine and the Cardiovascular System" (eds. R. J. Hunter and V. R. Preedy), Science Publishers, 2011.
- B. Z. Tian*, T. Cohen-Karni*, Q. Qing, X. J. Duan, P. Xie and C. M. Lieber, Three-dimensional, flexible nanoscale field-effect transistors as localized bioprobes, Science, 2010, 329, 830-834. (This work represents one of the first paradigm shifts in intracellular electrophysiology since the 1950s. It is one of the Annual Highlights in 2010 by C&EN.) PDF
- Q. Qing*, S. K. Pal*, B. Z. Tian*, X. J. Duan, B. P. Timko, T. Cohen-Karni, V. N. Murthy and C. M. Lieber, Nanowire transistor arrays for mapping neural circuits in acute brain slices, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2010, 107, 1882-1887.
- B. P. Timko, T. Cohen-Karni, Q. Qing, B. Z. Tian and C. M. Lieber, Design and implementation of functional nanoelectronic interfaces with biomolecules, cells and tissue using nanowire device arrays, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol., 2010, 9, 269-280. (invited review)
- B. Z. Tian, P. Xie, T. J. Kempa, D.C. Bell and C. M. Lieber, Single crystalline kinked semiconductor nanowire superstructures, Nature Nanotechnol., 2009, 4, 824-829. (cover highlight) PDF
- B. Z. Tian, T. J. Kempa and C. M. Lieber, Single nanowire photovoltaics, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2009, 38, 16-24. (invited review) (inside cover highlight)
- Y. J. Dong, B. Z. Tian, T. J. Kempa and C. M. Lieber, Coaxial group III-nitride nanowire photovoltaics, Nano Lett., 2009, 9, 2183-2187.
- B. P. Timko*, T. Cohen-Karni*, G. H. Yu, Q. Qing, B. Z. Tian and C. M. Lieber, Electrical recording from hearts with flexible nanowire device arrays, Nano Lett., 2009, 9, 914-918.
- T. J. Kempa*, B. Z. Tian*, D. R. Kim, J.S. Hu, X. L. Zheng and C. M. Lieber, Single and tandem axial p-i-n nanowire photovoltaic devices, Nano Lett., 2008, 8, 3456-3460.
- J. Zheng, Y. Ding, B. Z. Tian, Z. L. Wang and X.W. Zhuang, Luminescent and Raman active silver nanoparticles with polycrystalline structure, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008, 130, 10472-10473.
- H.-G. Park, C. J. Barrelet, Y. N. Wu, B. Z. Tian, F. Qian and C. M. Lieber, A wavelength-selective photonic-crystal waveguide coupled to a nanowire light source, Nature Photon., 2008, 2, 622-626.
- W. I. Park, G. F. Zheng, X. C. Jiang, B. Z. Tian and C. M. Lieber, Controlled synthesis of millimeter-long silicon nanowires with uniform electronic properties, Nano Lett., 2008, 8, 3004-3009.
- B. Z. Tian*, X. L. Zheng*, T. J. Kempa, Y. Fang, N.F. Yu, G.H. Yu, J.L. Huang and C.M. Lieber, Coaxial silicon nanowires as solar cells and nanoelectronic power sources, Nature, 2007, 449, 885-888. (This work represents the first study of photovoltaics at the single nanostructure level. It is one of the Annual Highlights in 2007 by C&EN.) PDF
- B. Z. Tian, X. Y. Liu, L. A. Solovyov, Z. Liu, H. F. Yang, Z. D. Zhang, S. H. Xie, F. Q. Zhang, B. Tu, C. Z. Yu, O. Terasaki and D. Y. Zhao, Facile synthesis and characterization of novel mesoporous and mesorelief oxides with gyroidal structures, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 865-875. (Ranked #4 CORE PAPER in "Mesoporous Materials" research field (1998-2008)as rated by ScienceWatch in Thomson Reuters)
- B. Z. Tian, X. Y. Liu, B. Tu, C. Z. Yu, J. Fan, L. M. Wang, S. H. Xie, G. D. Stucky and D. Y. Zhao, Self-adjusted synthesis of ordered stable mesoporous minerals by acid-base pairs, Nature Mater., 2003, 2, 159-163. (cover highlight)
- B. Z. Tian, X. Y. Liu, H. F. Yang, S. H. Xie, C. Z. Yu, B. Tu and D. Y. Zhao, General synthesis of ordered crystallized metal oxide nanoarrays replicated by microwave-digested mesoporous silica, Adv. Mater., 2003, 15, 1370-1374. (Ranked #2 CORE PAPER in "Mesoporous Materials" research field (1998-2008)as rated by ScienceWatch in Thomson Reuters)